Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hairless Asians Don't Sweat

Devin and I went to Costco the other day to buy (among other things) shaving cream and deodorant.  Pretty basic items, or so we thought.  Careful rounds up and down every aisle yielded no luck.  I must say I am a bit jealous if I am living in a land where people don't smell or need to shave!

Life has gotten amazingly (and wonderfully) busy.  My lucky toddler goes out every single day - and all day for the most part - to play, learn, explore, and have fun.  I also have met and made friends faster than I am able to make plans to see them.  I had 3 lunch dates last week!  How great is that?!?

Dev was gone for 4 days and I didn't even miss him.  (Sorry, babe.)

My most favorite spot - Parent's Place - had a cooking class last weekend where we learned to cook some proper Taiwanese food.  I went with expectations that none of it would appeal to me, but thankfully Angie chose western-friendly dishes.  And I LOVED the instructor, Ivy!  She gave us so many helpful tips, not just for cooking, but grocery shopping and food in general.


Getting started

Super delish slaw-like salad

Kung Pao Chicken

Friends, fun, food and Hudson happily playing in the next room 
(someone brought a little dog, too!) = a fabulous Sat afternoon!!!



Now a few random bits and pieces

This is a shop I have passed by several times that absolutely terrifies me....

Come to find out that gun ownership is illegal in Taiwan and these are all toys...
Um, yeah.  Still freaked out by it!!!


I still find the infinite flavors of milk so hilarious.  Pictured here are papaya, apple, malt, and juice.
I've yet to branch out from regular, although I did try a sample of banana milk at Costco the other day..

Hudson asked to be carried and I was all excited to put him in the carrier.

By the time we got to the front door, he was ready to get down and walk, though!


We went out for dumplings again on Sunday and went shopping at a nice grocery store in the building.  
Still finding many unusual things on offer:


I still don't get why Mommy is Venus - these signs are everywhere...


Cutie likes to wrap the toy over herself and crawl through

Quiet please, I'm sleeping over here!!


H in school - this is his third week.  He is doing so well!!  Teacher says he knows exactly what is going on and always pays perfect attention.

Believe it or not, this is his "enjoyment" face

Pointing out the numbers today at the bus stop "One!"




2 comments:

  1. Asians don't sweat -- When I was in middle school, I was always afraid people would make fun of me because I didn't use deodorant so I always had some in my backpack or in the gym locker. I do sweat but according to Chris is smells like I was rained on; there is no odor associated with me sweating. It wasn't until college that I stopped worrying about other people finding out I don't use deodorant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! You are so lucky! :)
    Hopefully R will get that from you...

    ReplyDelete