Monday, May 27, 2013

Hello Kitty, Disney Show, Monkeying Around

I think we moved the the right country given my love of peal milk tea and Hudson's slight obsession with Hello Kitty.  I thought it would be fun to take him to a Hello Kitty themed bakery/restaurant.


The food has a reputation for being expensive and awful, but I couldn't help but get a few kitty-shaped desserts!


True to expectations, they weren't the tastiest, but they were definitely the cutest little cakes I've ever had!  :)


One of Devin's work colleagues was kind enough to invite us to a Disney show that was on last weekend.  Since Hudson has an unhealthy Mickey addiction, we decided to feed it further and indulge him.
(iphone was no match to stage lighting...)

For some very bizarre reason, both my husband and son assumed the show would be in English (?!?!) and were surprised to discover otherwise.
I really enjoyed the show, but about halfway through, Hudson had had enough and started saying loudly "Mommy, want to go home!!!"

Sad.  We did this for you!!!

In his defense, 90 minutes is a long time for a 2-yr old, in a language that he hasn't yet completely grasped, and a show primarily featuring Disney princesses 
(Why do you think Mommy loved it so much?)

And in my husband's defense, all the actors were western, so it was rather amusing watching them lip-sync in Chinese..



Mommy was feeling brave (or lazy) the other day and decided to feed the girl breakfast-in-bed style..


She loved it, and actually, it wasn't too terrible a mess!  
Mom was able to confine it to her little picnic blanket. :)





There is a vet by our house that occasionally has random monkeys (or perhaps the same one) wearing a diaper and swinging around.  I finally decided to go in for a picture.


...which ended up turning into a much closer encounter than I had anticipated.


Monkey took a liking to my dad and was trying to kiss him.


Thankfully he did not oblige, but it was pretty humorous, nonetheless.


Our encounter was swiftly halted when one of the people in the vet came over to tell me to be careful because the monkey could attack us at any moment.  Vet visit is over, kids!!!!

Grabbed Hudson and ran away!

No comments:

Post a Comment