Thursday, June 20, 2013

Don't let the bed bugs bite

Crazy things always happen when my husband is away. This week has been no exception.

First 3 days he was gone went so smoothly I thought this trip was going to be a piece of cake. 

That all changed when I woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday with 72 mysterious bites on my legs. Yes - seventy-two!!!!!  (I circled and counted each one with a purple marker to identify any new bites - you can imagine how absolutely disease-ridden I look as a result with nearly 100 purple-encircled red dots all over my legs). Anyway, I will spare all of the details, but I had reason to suspect bed bugs and was absolutely losing my mind over the possible infestation I was imagining. 

I went into psychotic cleaning mode and have been additional-bite free for 2 nights, so I am trusting the tormentor is gone. 

My poor boy is still dealing with the effects of a stowaway mosquito that ravaged his body for about a week. I think it is living in his room, so he's been sleeping with mom (and will continue to do so until I am absolutely certain his room is safe!). But because he won't stop itching his bites, they won't heal, and he has terrible marks all over his body that fill me with bad-mother guilt. 

Today was straight out of the no-good-very-bad day book. First I locked myself out of my apartment, and my son had to leave his playtime as soon as he had arrived to come home with the key (try explaining that to a 2 year old!). 

My littlest baby has been miserable the entire day and though I chalked it up to teeth, her discomfort level seems much more severe and I'm now suspecting infection.  

Tired of carrying her day and night, I decided to try the (huge) stroller at the mall today - in the rain. On a weekend. With ridiculous crowds. With a sick, cranky baby that insisted on being carried anyway.

 So I carried her, crying (her, not me, although I was close), with one arm and pushed my ginormous stroller through the massive crowds with the other. Fun.  Then Hudson refused to potty before we left and peed an ocean in his pants while on the subway home. 

T-minus how many more days until daddy is back!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, what a day! I've had sooo many like that, and they always seem to happen when Daddy is away. All you can do is say TWA (Taiwan Wins Again), put the kids to bed early, and eat some ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morgan! Happy he comes back tomorrow!!! :)

      Delete