Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stir Fry Disaster, Baby Gucci, Adventures in Modeling

So for the past couple months that we have been here we have been looking to buy a nice wok so that we can make some proper chinese food.  I don't know anything about woks, so I asked the woman that hosted a cooking class at Parent's Place a few weeks back to help me out.  She basically said I can buy a wok from anywhere and then gave me detailed instructions on how to season it properly before use.  Perfect!

I was thrilled to find what I thought was a fabulous wok at Costco and couldn't wait to prep it and cook!

Devin did the honors of seasoning the wok for us - and yet, I kept hearing this weird popping sound, and every time he would try to wipe oil on it with a towel (cloth and/or paper) - it would catch on fire!!!!  (Um, are you sure the wok isn't too hot...????)

Long story short, in the middle of our chicken stir fry, we noticed that we had managed to burn a HOLE through the middle of the freaking wok and our chicken got coated in metal!!!!!

Great.

Thankful Costco has the same (american) return policy, but our dinner was still ruined and we remain wokless.

::sigh::





After making fun of how ridiculous it is to have a Gucci store for children, my curiosity finally got the better of me while my parents were here and I ventured inside.  I have to admit, the clothes (and accessories, etc) are beyond adorable!!!  I would never actually buy anything, but admit I was tempted..  I even had Sienna "try on" their little bear bracelet.

Such a bad idea - I totally melted!  ($200 isn't bad for a baby bracelet... right?  ;)



Speaking of children's fashion, here are some behind-the-scenes snaps of Hudson's first modeling gig:
 Elle photo shoot




Riding a horse "off stage" during wardrobe change


Lookin' so dapper!!



He loved adjusting all the clothes and making sure they were just right (to him)


This was another company - Why and 1/2 - that wanted to dress H in their wacky clothes and take some pics for their records.  They will have a shoot for their catalog later this fall..


After a long day of modeling, he got a very well deserved treat at the play center at the mall!!









No comments:

Post a Comment