Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jetlag is a killer!!

This is the fourth morning I have woken up at 1:30am. I don't know how to force myself to sleep though the night! Maybe I need to cry it out... Thankfully Devin and the children are fast asleep. Previous nights, the whole family has gotten up and wandered though the hotel in the wee hours.  Never ceases to amaze me how infinitely more challenging everything is with children in tow!!

Luckily Hudson is accepting that his body is tired and isn't fighting nap time - he took a record 3 naps yesterday!  Sienna naps easily in the carrier, although we think she is a bit under the weather.  That plus teething (plus being shuffled to 16 apartment viewings in one day!) has made her an uncharacteristically unhappy camper.

Less than a week in our new home country and I'm already finding life here amusing.  While I'm sure being a cab driver can get rather boring, strikes me as a potential safety risk to have a TV in the dash...?  (Yes, that is actually a TV - GPS is in the upper left)  Do love the upside-down tissue box on the ceiling and the traffic video camera - although again, feels like a lot of screens clouding the view through the windshield..



I thought this was brilliant: 


My first experience on the MRT was wonderful.  So clean + friendly people more than willing to help with directions (unsolicited - I guess we look lost! ;)  Puts other subway systems to shame, really.


(There is video surveillance on that spot + phone to call for help.  Though I think it's very safe here and not needed, just makes me happy that they thought enough to implement such a thing!)


Spying on the nanny
(We happened to see her from the hotel walking back from the park with Hudson.  Aren't they adorable?)


He absolutely loves her and we are thrilled with our decision - I don't know how we would have survived apartment hunting on such a tight schedule without her help!!



Can of sweat, anyone?



Bit of cuteness to brighten your day :)




First time (and taste!) in a high chair!



Poor girl got a spoon to gnaw on, but no real food (it's coming, I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment